LOUISVILLE – Main Street in Louisville will really be cookin’ this Saturday.
The Louisville Area Foundation presents its first BBQ Cook-Off in front of Good Times Bar, as part of the foundation’s Fall into the Season event.
The pre-registration entry fee is $40 for participants. That rises to $50 on Saturday. Participants will cook either ribs and/or brisket.
The check-in is at 7 a.m. with meat inspection between 7 and 9 a.m. The cook-off starts at 9 a.m.
The judging will begin at 5 p.m. with the winners announced at Good Times at 6. Cash prizes will be awarded to the two top winners in each meat category.
Register online at: http://midlandscommunity.org/louisville-area-foundation-1st-annual-bbb-cook-off/
You have free articles remaining.
Another event will be the Turkey Trot 5K Run that departs from the American Legion headquarters.
The check-in starts at 8:30 a.m. with the run leaving at 9:30 and going through the streets of town.
The pre-registration fee is $35 or $40 on Saturday.
Register online at: https://midlandscommunity.org/2019-5k-fun-run-turkey-trot/
Other family activities and businesses to visit during the day include:
- Coffee/pastry bar in the morning on Main Street.
- Horse wagon rides will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. with a free will donation.
- There will be a taco bar at Good Times.
- Secret Santa gift buying event at the public library. It will be hosted by Louisville Public School eighth graders.
- Louisville High School girls basketball team members will host face/pumpkin painting activities on Main St.
- Businesses that will have open houses include Feathers, Humble Hive, Coop D’Ville and Simply Styled Boutique.
- Evening entertainment at Good Times will start at 8 p.m.