Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
House fire forces Louisville family to live elsewhere

House fire forces Louisville family to live elsewhere

{{featured_button_text}}

LOUISVILLE – A Louisville family has been forced to live elsewhere after their house caught on fire last Thursday afternoon.

According to Jason McClun, local fire chief, his crew was dispatched to the house in the 200 block of West Seventh Street shortly before 5:30 p.m. after the family came home and saw smoke coming out of the structure.

By a mutual agreement, firefighters from Springfield also came, McClun added. He called the Plattsmouth Volunteer Fire Department and PVFD members brought an aerial ladder.

Personnel from Cass County Emergency Management also arrived on the scene.

The fire was in the attic area and after a roof ventilation was created, it took just 15 to 20 minutes to put out the blaze, he said. The cause was “electrical in nature,” McClun said.

There were no injuries, he added.

McClun described the house as unlivable from smoke, heat and water damage.

Fortunately, there was a nearby fire hydrant that had snow shoveled away that made for quicker action for the firefighters, he said.

“It’s a good reminder for people that if you have a hydrant in your yard, dig it out,” McClun said.

0
0
0
0
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

  • Updated

GRAND ISLAND – Conestoga athletes continued their dancing dynasty this past weekend by producing a dynamic result in the biggest contest of the year.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News